We have had two weeks where positive changes have taken place. Our students and our staff have done a great job adjusting to the new security measures. We will continue to listen and work on making improvements to better serve our students, staff and community.
Orange Grove High School Highlights:
- Our students have completed the fourth six-weeks as of . We will begin our fifth six-weeks Monday, March 5th.
- The softball varsity defeated Alice High School varsity night, with a score of 10-0 in 6 innings.
- Boys and Girls tennis are doing well in their tournament competition.
- Counselors organized a FASFA night .
- Future Farmers of America hosted a State Leadership meeting afternoon.
- Future Doctors of America (FDA) had CPR trainings in the evenings for our community, students and school employees.
- Several of our students will be performing at the South Texas Honor Band 2018 at Texas A&M University on Saturday, March 3, at 7:30 p.m.
- Two of our girls will be competing at the Girls Regional Powerlifting meet at Carrizo Springs on .
- Prom at Richard Borchard Fairgrounds on , from
- Our One Act Play thespians performed for our community night. They will be performing “Booby Trap” at the District UIL OAP on Tuesday, March 6, in Calallen at
- The high school is inviting parents and public to the Orange Grove ISD School and Community Health Fair. It will take place at the Orange Grove Junior High on Thursday, March 8th from 5:30 to 7:00 p.m. We look forward to seeing you there.
Reminder on how to set up MyConnect:
In order to better communicate with parents, Orange Grove ISD is pleased to announce the launch of our Blackboard MyConnect site! This site will enable you to manage your contact information and give you the option of installing the Blackboard MyConnect app for Android and iOS to receive push notifications for the messages that are important to you. You can access our new MyConnect site by typing the following URL into the web browser on your device https://ogisd.bbcportal.com/ or visiting www.ogisd.net and click on MyConnect under News & Announcements. Once the page is open, click the Sign Me Up! link to setup your account. Please note that in order to create an account you will need:
- An active email address.
- Your student’s Student ID# (6 digit ID located on Student Report Card)
- The phone number or email address that we have on file for your student. Once you have logged in, you can add any additional students you have attending OGISD by clicking your name in the upper right corner and selecting Contact Information.
We are very excited about our site launch and invite you to visit our new site and take control over your notification preferences.
Tell your friends to enroll as well.
Orange Grove High School Principal